Friday, August 27, 2010

Words

"We talk a great deal about the healing power of modern wonder drugs and how effective they can be in wiping out disease and helping heal our crippled bodies, but a few words of encouragement, a warm expression of confidence, or some words of deserved appreciation can accomplish even greater miracles. A few words of love can often heal the scars on one's soul. There are words of faith, words of goodwill, and words of righteousness, which, if properly used, can lift us up to God.
Many people are actually starving to death for a few words of appreciation. They would be wonderfully strengthened if someone would ask them their opinion or how they felt on some important or unimportant subject. Sometimes we can't bring ourselves to say words of praise, even though our lives depend on it, as indeed they often do." Sterling W. Sill

How different the world may be if a few kind words were spoken to all everyday. I know in my own life that I hold myself a little higher, feel a little lighter, and look at myself differently, when words of kindness or appreciation is shown. It doesn't have to be extravagant, lengthy or embellished, just genuine and true. I also know the feeling associated with words of discouragement, ill speaking, violence, hate, and foul language. It is capable of making you weep, sick, and feeling sorrowful and full of despair. To this day, I still suffer with some things due to particular "words" that were spoken to me.
I pray that we may all try a little harder to speak words of kindness, That we may all build up rather than tear down. I pray that the words that generate from my mouth are lovely and of good report and that no one will ever say that they have been affected poorly by the words which I have spoken.

0 comments: