Monday, August 9, 2010

FOOTBALL

 Jacob looked me square in the eye (since we do now share the same height) and said, " Mom, I want to play football ". I about wet my pants. My child wants to play football? The child who hates to be hot, the one who whines every time he has to mow the lawn, wants to play ball?
This 12 year old boy is tall, strapping and fairly good looking with a physique perfect for ball. Along with that is a sensitive, emotional boy who can dish it, but can't handle physical aggression very well. 
I did what every good mother would do, I jumped at the chance and immediately drove down to register him to play.  He is committed now and I hope that he learns from this and enjoys being involved in the sport. Plus what boy can live in Texas and not play Ball? Hello? Friday night lights anyone? Everything in Texas is big...football included!

Jacobs revelation has now inspired the entirety of the Heath boys. 2 more came running down the hall yelling at the top of their lungs that they too wanted to play what Jacob was playing.. Neither of them has a clue of what it entailed or what exactly I just told Jacob he could participate in. They just knew that Jacob gets to do something so they want to too; except Gehret just knows he gets to tackle people and really just wants to knock them down. Joseph just doesn't want to be left out, and in the end will do anything if Jacob does it.




0 comments: