Sunday, August 23, 2009

PLANS







If there is one thing I have learned from life, it is that you can always take a difficult challenge or trial and turn it into something good. Because of some of my experiences I have decided to take a huge leap of faith, and venture out into an unknown territory, and I have BIG BIG plans.






Throughout my married life I have watched several people that I love struggle with serious addictions of all kinds. Each may have had a different form of addiction, but all where affected in the same manner and so were their loved ones. There have been many times where I was unsympathetic and unwilling to try and understand what it was that the "addict" was going through and what caused them to take or choose this path.






Through this journey, through much research, and much prayer, I believe that I am being directed down a particular path....






I am going to create and open my own addiction treatment center!






I know, it sounds like an insurmountable task, but I know that this is the direction that I need and want to take and I can see the Lords hand in it already. I would never have thought that this is something that I would be able to accomplish, but things have been just falling into place, and rapidly. I have received the states regulations and laws (from several states) for opening this type of facility, I have private investors willing to help me with funds, and have a grant writer writing a proposal for various aspects of this business for more funding. I have been looking at land and property to build on, and even know the plans for the facility that I want. I have even researched and found the type of programs that I want to implement as treatment.






Music has always been my thing...the one thing that I have been most passionate about until this. I can't quite explain it, but this is what I feel like I am meant to do. Besides a mother and a wife, this is what I am here to do.I know it and I feel it. I have always had a great love for my fellow man, and have always been able to see the good in people, give them the benefit of the doubt, and have desired to help and uplift others and help them see the things in themselves that are worth saving.






D&C 18:10 Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God.






All men are worth saving and I want to be part of that






D&C 18:15 And if it so be that ye should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me,how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father






Here are the Basic plans of the facility I want. I want it bigger, with more rooms and extra rooms for activity centers, group therapy rooms, a gym or weight room, and much much more....



4 comments:

janie said...

I love you!

Regan said...

Few, I am SO glad that you put it out in the open. I thought I'd DIE keeping it to myself!!! You are truly an amazing person! Love ya xoxo

Tammy said...

wow that is a task and a half! you are awesome! You can do it for sure!

Big Daddy said...

You go Girl